The big question that a lot of people ask is, ‘Why Should I Get My Air Ducts Cleaned?’
The simple answer is because they get dirty. You probably clean or have your home cleaned on a regular basis. Well the Duct Work in your Home or Office is a hidden sub-layer of your Home or Office and all of the air in that space is circulated over and over many times a day through your Duct Work.
So let me ask you a question. Does your Home or Office get dirty and dusty? Well if the answer is yes, then so does your Duct Work since it is the same Air.
There are also other factors to consider that can also increase the need to clean your Duct Work. So here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have Pets?
- Do you or other occupants have allergies or asthma?
- Do you smoke Cigarettes or Cigars?
- Have you had any water contamination or damage to the home / HVAC system?
- Have you had any home renovation or remodeling projects?
Always consider that some occupants will be more sensitive to these contaminants than others. Young children and the elderly as well as Allergy and asthma sufferers tend to be more susceptible to the types of poor indoor air quality that air duct cleaning can help to address.
You should also have your HVAC Duct Work cleaned if any of the following potential problems exist:
- There is substantial visible mold growth inside hard surface (e.g., sheet metal) ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system. There are several important points to understand concerning mold detection in heating and cooling systems:
- Many sections of your heating and cooling system may not be accessible for a visible inspection, so ask the service provider to show you any mold they say exists. You should be aware that although a substance may look like mold, a positive determination of whether it is mold or not can be made only by an expert and may require laboratory analysis for final confirmation. For about $50, some microbiology laboratories can tell you whether a sample sent to them on a clear strip of sticky household tape is mold or simply a substance that resembles it.
- If you have insulated air ducts and the insulation gets wet or moldy it cannot be effectively cleaned and should be removed and replaced.
- If the conditions causing the mold growth in the first place are not corrected, mold growth will recur.
- Ducts are infested with vermin, e.g. (rodents or insects); or
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are actually released into the home from your supply registers.
What we do and how it works:
- We remove all grilles
- We clean & sanitize all grilles
- We use compressed air at each register to remove debris and push it into the main duct work
- We clean the HVAC blower and fan assembly
- We then use a commercial van mounted Heat Sealtm duct work vacuum to clean all duct work
- All debris is then captured in our Heat Sealtm Containment Bags
- We can also optionally clean your Dryer Vent to help prevent a Dryer Vent fire for an additional $45.00